Wow. I’ve been trying to make my Macbook Air look artistic, and edgy, for months on end. I kept trying new things, but at the end of the day, you would never be able to say, “Oh that’s his Mac!”
I had a few decals on my computer, making it trying to look like it was “different”, but it started to just look unauthentic, at best. Then, a friend mentioned that I should check out iCarbons.
I thought it was cool to get a carbon fiber skin for my computer, but never expected it to be as awesome as it really is.
Thanks for iCarbons for sending this out for review, because this skin is indescribably amazing.
Once, I got the skin, nothing left me short of extreme excitement. I got the black carbon fiber for my 13″ Macbook Air.
Installation, as most think is extremely difficult, is actually very easy. I was expecting the installation to my computer, to be perplexing, but once you line up everything with the certain objects on the device, it becomes easier than ever. It took me around 10-15 minutes to put on the Keyboard, Bottom, and Back stickers on the computer. Awesome.
The carbon fiber makes it look so elegant, and different, I’m so ecstatic I have a black Macbook Air!
I can take it out of my backpack, and see people stare, and the others question it’s awesomeness. Yes, awesomeness.
Well, let’s break it down. It’ll help you decide if you think getting the iCarbons skin is worth it.
- Converts the whole look of the device, into the style you choose.
- The texture. The feel of the iCarbons skins feel amazing.
- It’s different. Pulling out a Macbook back in the day, made you look so awesome, with the illuminating Apple logo. But today, everyone has a Mac! If you’re super duper hipster, iCarbons is for you.
- All ports stay fully accessible. It’s as if you don’t even have it on.
- No residue. Self-explanatory. Everyone hates stickers with that problem, but these skins don’t carry that problem with them.
- Doesn’t add bulk. My Macbook Air stays the same weight, and still looks amazing.
Alright, I’m gonna end the advantages of the iCarbons skin, I don’t want people calling me an iCarbons fanboy.
- Skin tight! No pun intended. Alright, I had to think of a disadvantage, but this one came apparent to me. I had a decal on the Macbook Air, and thought I would keep it on there, in case I ever took off the iCarbons skin. That didn’t work out well because, when I put it on, I could see my decal through the skin! I took the skin off, then took the decal off, and then put the skin back on, and it looks perfect. Just be weary of it being extremely tight.
- Not all parts are covered. I’m happy with all the coverage the iCarbons skin takes up, but some people may not like that there’s no cover for the trackpad, or the bezel of the screen, or even the width of the computer. That might be foolish to some, but some people actually want the whole computer to have black carbon fiber on it. If you’re the latter, the skin might not be perfect for you. It still takes up most of it, though.
Those are pretty much the only things I can possibly see wrong with this product. If there are more, that I missed, leave comment below! We want to hear your thoughts on this product; we’re all ears.
- This product is a true eye-catcher, so if you want to transform the look (and feel) of your device, this is definitely what you want. On the other hand, if you want your Macbook Air to be completely carbon fiber, then you might want to reconsider. If this skin is for you, then you won’t be disappointed. It blew away every expectation of mine, and I’m sure it’ll blow your expectations away, as well. Also, another thing to mention, the skin will always feel like it’s not there. You take it off, no residue, no stains. You keep it on, ports are fully accessible, nothing is in the way. That’s something I truly respect, because we all have encountered an accessory that completely destroys the design of the device itself. Beautiful.
I may sound biased, but you will be too, if you get the skin. It’s that great. So what are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!
If you want to pick your own iCarbons skin(s), click this link, and find your device!